Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Robert, My 4-Year-Old's Cancer Will Kill Him If I Don't Pay On Time

If you are unable to view this mailer Click here
Dear Robert,
 
"Your power levels have gone down. This tube you see will take liquid power inside your body so you can become strong again like Chhota Bheem." Ever since I've mentioned this to my 4-year-old, Rudra, he flexes his tiny, needled arm every night before sleeping. We've tried different ways to answer his innocent questions and he seems to have liked this the most. I don't have the strength or courage to tell my son that the reason he's going through such painful tests is the six-lettered disease the world dreads - cancer.
 
Robert, right now, I'm holding a report in my hands, which states that my son has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia and the treatment will cost at least Rs. 10 lakh.
 
So far, I've spent over Rs. 1.5 lakh over tests, medicines and hospital charges. I mortgaged my wife's mangalsutra and got about a lakh because of that. I've received the rest from running to trusts that help families of patients that can't afford medical treatment on their own. But I haven't come close to the amount I need to pay. I've written to many trusts already but I'm yet to hear from them. I don't have a lot of time. Now my only hope is getting donations from people who read my story.
 
Donate Now »
 
You have received this mail because you are a member of way2sms. To stop receiving these emails please click here to unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment